Monday, March 16, 2009

Chicken Parmigiana with Spaghetti


Albertson's has $1.99 boneless, skinless chicken breasts at the butcher case. We made Melinda's Thai chicken Pizza on Saturday night. It was yummy! We found the recipe on this blog.

For Sunday dinner I made Chicken Parmigiana. This is how I did it:

Caleb rolled the rolling pin over a ziploc of corn flakes until they were finely crushed. I added 1/2 an envelope of Italian Dressing mix, shook it up and dumped it into a bowl. I then covered each chicken breast in the crumb mixture and cooked it in a skillet with olive oil until the coating was browned.

I transferred the chicken to a baking pan, topping each chicken breast with Classico Spaghetti sauce in the jar--the sweet basil tomato flavor-it's so delish! I topped the sauce with freshly chopped basil and a couple of slices of Precious fresh mozarella.

I let it bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


While it was baking, I boiled spaghetti noodles and in a skillet melted 1 Tbsp. butter and 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil. I added minced garlic and Meditteranean sea salt. Once the noodles were al dente, I transferred them to the skillet and tossed them in the garlic butter mixture. I then sprinkled chopped fresh basil and freshly grated parmesan cheese and tossed it.


I served the chicken parmesan alongside the spaghetti. It turned out really yummy and was easy and economical.

Here's the Albertson's deal pricing guide:
Chicken Breasts $1.99/lb.
Fresh Basil $1.99 package
Precious Mozarella $4.99/ package on sale from $6.99
Spaghetti 10 packages for $10
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Huge can for $12.99 normally $26.99 is on sale for $17.99 and has a $5.00 off coupon. It is a huge amount but doesn't expire for over a year.
Butter 2 boxes for $4

0 comments: