Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tortellini & Fresh Basil

Few ingredients + little cook time AND delicious outcome? I'll take it.
My dear friend made this delicious meal while I visited her this summer-
and she finally posted the recipe for me, so I will now pass it along to you...

Tortellini & Fresh Basil
1 pound ripe tomatoes (seeded & chopped)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup olive oil
3 TB balsamic vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Combine first 7 ingredients in a serving bowl. Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Add tortellini to tomato mixture, and toss well. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve warm or chilled. Yield 4 main-dish servings.

1 comments:

In Our Mix said...

This makes my mouth water! Sounds like the perfect thing to make during the summer when tomatoes are on. Have you tired growing basil? This recipe almost seems simple enough for me to try.