Saturday, April 12, 2008

Oatmeal pancakes


My kids devour these pancakes and I love how healthy they are.

4 egg whites
3 T oil
3 c. buttermilk
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 T baking powder
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. oats

#1 Beat egg whites in mixing bowl
#2 mix in oil and buttermilk
#3 add next four dry ingredients
#4 stir in oatmeal in the end - I use a hand mixer to do all the mixing
#5 bake on hot griddle *oats seem to sink to bottom of batter so I scoop deep in mixing bowl when ladling out batter onto griddle.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Katie said...

MMMMMMM.

Karin said...

We'll have to give these a try next. They look great! Funny that the first thing I finally post here is so similar to what you were thinking. We LOVE a good breakfast!

Ie Li said...

I'm definitely going to try these. I love oatmeal.